Monday, October 26, 2009

NC Fair 2009

Thursday is the food drive day at the North Carolina State Fair. You bring four cans per person and you get in free! We got up there about 2pm, and we went toward the kiddie rides first. We had been getting the kids real excited about it and that's all they could talk about. I took Ragno and went on a train ride then we went on a kids roller coaster, he loved it, but held on very tight to me. Neko, Oma, Opa, Naomi, May Lynn and Varden did some fun houses and carousels. We met back up for the kids to go on the bumper boats.

We ate so much!



Naomi loves Varden!
At the NASCAR Dale Earnhardt Jr 88 National Guard booth there was a climbing wall. Neko and I signed a waiver and raced to the top. I won! My arms were hurting and shaking for a while after that! Neko said they gave me the easy side, but it doesn't diminish my glow of victory.
Every year we get a picture by the pumpkins. This year we almost forgot. It was at the end of the night, the kids were tired and May Lynn didn't want to leave Oma's side. The sign behind their heads was very ironic, I thought. But we had a great time!

2 comments:

Becca said...

Looks like a fun time, and every one is in short sleeves. What's up with that?

Anny said...

Fair food IS the best. Glad you had a great time.