Friday, October 24, 2008

2008 NC Fair

Well, we went to the fair. It is always a fun time, and this year was nice and cold! We got there at 1pm and walked around a little bit while we waited for Marcus and Mary Helen. Ragno kept asking where TJ was and if he was there yet. Poor Ragno had a cold and he was coughing a lot, and his cheeks were chapped, but it looked a lot worse then it was. I also got some dirty looks from other mothers, but I just ignored them since what are they thinking if they bring their kids to the fair and don't expect germs?! Really the only reason we go to the fair is for all the food. The funny thing is though that I got chicken tenders and cheese fries to share with Ragno and May Lynn, Neko got a chicken wrap and a pizza slice, and that's about as adventerous as we got. I did get cotton candy and a fried Snickers(I asked for a Milky Way) as we left. Ragno was old enough to want to go on all the transportation rides-Trains, planes and automobiles. We went on so many rides, and there are some that were boring(of course) and some that scared me, even when I wasn't on them! May Lynn just wanted to be with Oma and Naomi, she won a few prizes at the little fishing game, but really she just walked around. That night and the next morning she kept rubbing her legs and complaining that they hurt! We went into the building with all the animals and veggies, and got pictures by the biggest pumpkin. But the best part was when Naomi, Marcus, Ragno, TJ, May Lynn and Gavin and I went on the Ferris Wheel. I wanted to go with Neko, but couldn't because he had to leave for a while, so I made Ragno go with me, and we all ended up in the same "bucket" which was cool with me. On the way up, when we stopped to let people on and off, Marcus and I remembered that we don't like heights or the rocking. We were holding onto that rail for dear life, and when it jerked or NAOMI rocked it a little, we flipped out a little. Marcus was ok with it before I was, but once it got going and didn't stop, I was fine, too. The thing that gets me is I can imagine someone falling out, and it terrifies me. But I still like the Ferris Wheel, so I guess that's all that matters! One more thing, the prices are outrageous!!! Six bucks for lemonade!!

Happy Birthday Mary Helen!!

4 comments:

Becca said...

What a fun day, I haven't been to a fair in a long time. I'm not a bir ride rider either, but the ferris wheel is fun, as long as it doesn't rock. I, too, will imagine someone falling out. $6.00bucks a lemonade? Horrible!

Anny said...

Sounds like fun. I can't go on any spinny rides or I am sick for a week. That includes the ferris wheel. I feel claustorphobic and want to get off but have to wait forever until it's my turn. I'm glad the food was good though!

kimberly said...

a cold day at the fair, i'm glad you enjoyed it. yeah, food and drink prices are out of control. almost baby time, hope everything goes well. miss you guys

MEANDERINGS OF JANICE said...

We used to take your dad and his siblings to the Western Idaho State fair every year. It was the most fun going and looking at all of the livestock. Glad you enjoyed the fair, but I can't imagine you on top of a ferris wheel 9 months pregnant!