Friday, December 18, 2009

The Wall of Thanksgiving

For the past two years I have wanted to do something special for Thanksgiving. I wanted it to be all through November, not just one day. I took down all the pictures from the wall in the dining room and it left a very large, very blank wall. I wrote 'I am thankful for' on some coordinating paper and centered it on the wall. Then every day in November we (the kids and I) would have a mini lesson about things we are (or should be) thankful for, and did a craft that showed what we learned. We posted them on the wall, and we had a wonderful decoration that we enjoyed everyday. I also had some cut paper and a marker so the adults could write things they were thankful for. I think this is a new tradition in our family that will be something to look forward to every year. It was a little sad it take it down.
NEKO
Morning poops
AMY
Pretty paper
Strong tape
Handy hubby
Cool kids
Warm blankets
Nice table(see previous post)
RAGNO
Trains
Thomas the train
Fish
Bears
Gyver

MAY LYNN
Binkeys
Foxes
Pretty clothes


VARDEN
(He was usually taking a nap during this time)
Hands
Food

3 comments:

Becca said...

What a wonderful idea Amy. I love it, the wall looks great! Your kids look so darling.

Anny said...

Great idea. We had a turkey on the wall named "Thanky Franky" and tried to add feathers, with things we are thankful for on them, everyday. We did this about 3 days. It was fun though. Your kids will love this tradition.

Kass said...

That is awesome. I will have to try something like that next year...