Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Piano

On December 12th, 2009, Amy added another notch in her piano progress. A recital. Her teacher asked if she wanted to do it, and she reluctantly said yes. She knew if she practiced real hard, it would force her to challenge herself. There were eleven other students there, and Amy was number seven on the program.
She sat up front, and the nerves were getting to her, but she kept them under control. (Note the confidence tights!) When it was her turn, the teacher said that Amy had a very difficult piece and she was proud of her for selecting a challenge.
This did not help Amy feel better, now there was more pressure to do well!

She played 'Believe' from the Polar Express.

Halfway through her hands started shaking so badly, she didn't think she could finish! But she did it! And it sounded wonderful. She is so proud of herself for making it through without passing out. You can accomplish anything!

4 comments:

spider_webbs said...

By the way, I was the only adult to play.

Anny said...

I am sooo impressed. I have a strong desire to take lessons again and hope someday I will. Good for you. I'm sure it sounded great!!!!

MEANDERINGS OF JANICE said...

Amy, I just went way back to September and looked at all of your blogs. Computer time is a premium around here but I truly enjoyed catching up on the family activities. You and Neko are developing your talents and that is great! I am teaching Zack and Max piano, too, and Kathryn is teaching her two oldest plus one adult and child. We had a recital the week before Christmas. I had the wrong glasses so couldn't see the notes well. Kathryn and I each played a piece, too. I will try to be better about checking out your blog in the future! Love You! Grandma

Kass said...

Good for you, Amy! I'm glad you're keeping up w/ the piano and a challenge is definitely the best way to do it. I'll have to look for that song. I love it!