Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Tuesday Tears

I saw this program on TV (did anyone else see it?) called Stand up 2 cancer. It had all these celebrities on it and they performed and talked about cancer survivors and non-survivors, and the research , and preventitive measures and all that, they were taking pledges to cure cancer. I watched to whole hour and only one spot made me blubber like pudding. They read letters from people and one was from a parent of a four-year-old and they said, "I never thought I would hear the words, time of death 11:05 am, for my son. I felt his chest and I could feel his heartbeat and then I couldn't. I felt his first and now his last." I am crying just writing this. I pulled my kids close and forgave them of everything annoying they had ever done. I love them so much and I could never handle losing a child. For those of you who have, I am so sorry, and you are so brave. I think I would curl up in a ball and not leave my room. But I am thankful that we have the chance to see them again, and it made me want to be more worthy to be with those little children in the next life. But it still makes me cry.

1 comment:

Anny said...

I have to say, I like little reminders like this. I love when I look at my children and feelings of love and gratitude rush through my body!